Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On the Verge...

Ladies and gentlemen, we are on the verge.

I am so excited, I feel like if someone touches me the wrong way, me head might explode. I also feel like if someone comes at me the wrong way, they just might get "Motherland Slapped"...

I am giddy because of the possibility that lies before us.

Children who have no hope and had nothing but excuses for not being their best... that is being eroded as we speak. No more will I hear from kids that I volunteer mentor say "I'm black. I'm poor. I didn't have it like that. We didn't have no head start. I don't know my daddy. I moved around alot. I cant be anything because no one who is me has ever been President or anything like that..."

They can't say that anymore. They don't want to say it anymore. Today, driving into work I saw children on the corner of 40th and Market screaming "Obama! Obama! YES WE CAN!!!" at the top of their lungs. Like seriously, going APESHIT with delight. I cried.

The hope is back. Its bright. And its amazing....

No comments: